Clinics and Services
We run the following clinics - all are by appointment.
Ante Natal Clinic
Midwives from Ormskirk Hospital attend each Friday afternoon. Once you discover you are pregnant you should book in to see a GP who will arrange subsequent antenatal appointments and check which hospital team you want your antenatal care from.
Expectant mums and dads can now sign up for lessons in parenthood. There are 2 different course available:
- Midwife led classes at The Grove in Burscough
- Community and midwife led classes at Eavesdale or Park Centre in Skelmersdale
If you are interested in attending either of the courses then please speak to your midwife. Both courses are one day per week.
Child Development Clinic
Child development checks are mostly done by the Health Visitor, you will receive an appointment direct from them. Baby's 6 week checks are done by GPs here in the surgery. An appointment will be sent to you in the post or you can book to see the GP at the appropriate time telling the receptionist it is for a 6 week check.
Remember to bring your child health record (Red Book)
Childhood Immunisation Clinic
These are performed by the practice nurse here at the surgery. The current immunisation schedule is at this website
Remember to bring your child health record (Red Book).
These are done by any GP or practice nurse. We can advise and prescibe all methods including barrier methods, oral contraception (the pill), progesterone only (mini pill), depot injections (long acting injection every 12 weeks). For sterilisation (vasectomy or laproscopic sterilisation) patients should first book to see a GP. For IUCD (coil) fitting and contraceptive implants we offer advise only and the actual fitting is at one of the CCG run family planning clinics:
NHS Central Lancashire also offers family planning services across West Lancashire at:
- Hants Lane Clinic, Ormskirk: Monday 6.30 - 8.30pm (doctor led)
- Birleywood Health Centre, Skelmersdale: Monday 6.30 - 8.30pm (nurse led)
- Burscough Health Centre: alternate Tuesdays (from 11/11/08) 6.15 -8.15pm (doctor led)
- Ashurst Health Centre, Skelmersdale: Wednesday 6.30 - 8.30 (doctor led)
- Tarleton Health Centre, alternate Wednesdays (from 5/11/08) 6.30 -8.30pm (doctor led)
- Sandy Lane Health Centre, Skelmersdale: Thursday 6.15 - 8.15pm (nurse led)
- Ormskirk Diabetic Centre Thursday evenings 6.30 to 8.30pm tel 01695 588224
And for young people under 25:
- The Grove Burscough: Monday 7.00 - 9.00pm (nurse led)
- Hants Lane Ormskirk: Tuesday 7.00 - 9.00pm (doctor led)
- The Info Shop Skelmersdale: Saturday 11.30 - 2.30pm (nurse led)
Cervical smear tests
With the practice nurse.
New patient registration health checks
With a Health Care Assistant.
Routine and holiday immunisation
Run by the Practice Nurse - see the next tab for holiday vaccination information.