A lot of negative publicity about GP opening hours and access has recently been in the press.
This surgery is open from 8.00 to 6.30pm 5 days a week.
Outside these hours care can be obtained from the extended hours service were appointments can be booked with a GP or a Nurse at another practice. These appointments can be booked for you here at the practice so that you know where and when to go. Please make sure that you book as these are not walk in centres.
In a recent Government run survey 85% of respondants were satisfied with our opening hours.
Below is a list of some of the additional tasks GPs do which do not involve direct patient contact:
- Checking results
- Writing up notes
- Checking repeat medication requests
- Practice meetings
- Managing staff issues
- Studying/reading to keep up to date
- Handling contract issues
- Critical incident analysis
- Complaints handling
- Writing referral letters to consultants
- Checking and signing dictation
- Writing letters to various NHS managers about various things
- Dealing with issues to do with premises
- Reading clinical letters from physios, OTs, consultants etc. regarding patients.
See here to see what the BMA says about general practice