Parbold Surgery - a GP Training Practice
Welcome to Parbold Surgery's website. We endeavour to keep it up to date and as clear as possible. With this website we hope to improve our services to all our patients and enable you to find the information you require at the click of a mouse.
On the right hand side is extra information we think is useful for our patients; this includes ways for patients to feedback their opinions of their experiences with us, read reports on their practice as well as several health information links.
Parbold surgery's vision is to provide friendly, accessible and high quality family medicine within our practice area.
Are you pleased with the service you receive from the surgery? We are constantly looking to improve our service so appreciate any feedback. Please let us know by clicking here to leave a review on NHS choices.
For more information and to view the latest news or alerts from the surgery then please visit our new facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/parboldsurgery/.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Please note that due to the current coronavirus pandemic there will be some changes to our usual services. These changes have been made in order to comply with the latest guidance from NHS England and Public health authorities. In order to protect our patients and staff we ask for your co-operation and support at this time.
For information regarding Covid-19 including the latest guidance on symptoms and self-isolation then please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
If you think you have symptoms suggestive of coronavirus then please go online at https://111.nhs.uk/service/COVID-19/.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus and become more unwell you should call 111 for advice and assistance.
If you do require a GP consultation, we have moved our appointments to 'remote' consultations. This is in line with current advice from the Government. All pre-booked appointments are now being changed to telephone appointments rather than face to face consultations. Telephone appointments may be booked online (preferred) or by phone. We are also using video consultations at the surgery. For these you will need a smartphone with a camera and a data plan or wifi connection. To use this service we will send a text message with a link to open on your phone. Should you require a face to face consultation then these are available after first speaking to a clinician in a telephone consultation.
Many of our services are now available online including:
- booking appointments
- viewing test results
- viewing recent consultations
- hospital letters
- ordering of prescriptions
Patients who are eligible to receive a Covid-19 Vaccination will soon be contacted and be invited to book an appointment. If you have not received a letter, phone call or text message to book a vaccine, please do not worry, we will notify everyone in priority order when the vaccine becomes available. Vaccinations will not be carried out at the surgery but at a central location which you will be advised of on booking your appointment. We would be grateful if you do not telephone the surgery to enquire about the vaccine until invited to do so.
During the pandemic period we are trying to reduce footfall into the surgery as much as possible in order to minimise spread of the virus. Please remember to use the provided hand sanitizer or to wash your hands when entering the building.
In line with the above efforts to reduce footfall, we ask for all repeat prescription requests to be made over the phone via the dedicated prescription line or to be requested online. We also ask that patients nominate a pharmacy for their prescription to be sent to electronically so medications can be collected directly from the pharmacy. In order not to precipitate medication shortages at this time we are unable to process prescription requests early to facilitate stockpiling of medications. We kindly ask for your cooperation with this.
It is important to realise that some face to face consultations will be needed and these are still available including:
- blood tests
- conditions requiring physical examinations
- childhood immunisations
- chronic disease monitoring
If you have been told to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer then please use the online NHS 111 service at https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note.
We appreciate the support from all of our patients during these challenging times and on behalf of the partners and all of the surgery staff we thank you for your cooperation with the above measures.
- Please be aware that we are currently experiencing issues with out phone and computer systems due to an internet outage which IT are working to rectify. We are unable to take calls at this time. If you require medical attention please ring 111 or in the case of an emergency 999.
- Our friend and family test results show that 93% of patients would recommend our surgery
- It is patient's responsibility to ensure you check your prescription is correct before leaving the chemist as we are unable to reimburse you for incorrect items dispensed
- If you are eligible for a NHS flu vaccination, please contact the surgery to book an appointment. Please note our flu clinics this year are going to be held in the village hall. All clinics are strictly by appointment only. When attending please adhere to social distancing guidelines. Unless exempt, face masks must be worn. Please wear short sleeved clothing as you will NOT be in a private room. To check if you are eligible please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/.../vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/.
- We are in the process of digitising our patient's records. To find out more about this process please click here.
Patient Access Online Services - With online access you can order your prescription, book an appointment, send us a message and even view your own medical records ask at reception for the application form or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Site updated 03/06/2021)